Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, July 20, 2015

Tour de Craft Guest Designer - Linda McClain!


Today I'm fortunate to have one of my very favorite stampers - and heck, one of my very favorite people - joining me for a guest post. Linda McClain hasn't had a lot of time to get crafty this year (I can relate!), but when she does, it's always absolutely fabulous! And lucky me, Linda is one of my Texas friends, so I've had the pleasure of her real-life hugs. Take it away, Linda!

Yay! It’s time for Libby's Tour de Craft, Libby's annual craft homage to the Tour de France (the 21-stage, 3,660 km bicycle race). Joining Libby and her stamp-happy, bicycle-bonkers friends to honor the Tour makes me as happy as a down hill racer!


Have you noticed the Tour riders grabbing snacks out of their sweaty back pockets in the middle of the race? I decided to go a little off the map with a look back to the snack of champions - GORP.


Remember GORP? It was popular in the 1970's with hikers because it was lightweight, easy to store, and nutritious and, well, because powerbars weren't on the scene yet. I used to pack GORP in my bike bag for quick fuel between food stops.


Although GORP is short for granola, oats, raisins, and peanuts, let's be honest, granola and oats sounds like something you'd feed your horse. I make mine with nuts, dried fruits, sunflower seeds, pretzels, and most importantly, M&Ms.


The carbohydrates in the dried fruit give a quick energy boost while the fat and protein in the nuts provide sustained energy. The M&Ms are just tasty! And, like their ad says, M&Ms melt in your mouth, not in your bike bag.

For giggles and grins (and, hey, maybe a fun party favor), I packed my GORP today in decorated pillow boxes and plastic push pop containers. They're stinkin' cute and yummy, right?


That's all for me. If you're crazy enough like me to want to decorate your GORP packages, you can find links to all the products I used over at my place, Catered Crop. Thank you, Libby, for letting me roll with you!

Mmm GORP!! I love this Linda, it's the cutest GORP ever! Thank you for sharing it here today!!

Be sure to visit Linda and leave her some love!

Happy GORPing,

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Love how she used the push pop holders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Love how she used the push pop holders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these really take the yellow jersey!!! Wonderful creations.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover