Admin Control Panel

New Post | Edit Pages | Change Layout | Stats | Sign Out

Monday, July 6, 2015

Thinking of Tulips

After coloring my little Dutch girl yesterday, I couldn't resist pulling out this gorgeous tulip stamp. Oh how I wish the tulips were blooming in The Netherlands right now! Some of my favorite images from the Tour de France include the peloton making it's way past sunflowers or lavender. Riding through fields of colorful tulips would be stunning! But alas, tulips bloom in the spring, not July. But I love them any time of year!


The stamp is from Texana Designs, and I stamped it in light Antique Linen distress ink then painted it with my Koi water colors. The message is also Texana Design, stamped on vellum. I like that vellum is showing up on cards a lot lately, I've always loved it. Yay for still having a huge stash of it from years ago!


My friend Jimmye Sue, owner of Texana Designs, went on vacation to The Netherlands this past spring, and the photos she shared of the tulips were absolutely incredible. One day I *will* see them in person! I will I will I will!!!

Today the Tour has left The Netherlands and it riding through another one of my dream vacation destinations - Belgium. Another country that loves bikes! And lucky me, I have one of my favorite Belgian designers joining me on my blog tomorrow - stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this Libby - your painting is fabulous, and like you, I love using vellum on my cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave one!

Tutorials

Get Inspired

 
Pin It button on image hover